Sen. Maryellen Goodwin for Senate District 1
Democratic Senator Maryellen Goodwin is the Senate Majority Whip and has been a member of the General Assembly since 1987.
She is a gun safety champion, sponsoring and co-sponsoring many common-sense reforms, including:
- Ban on Ghost/3-D Guns (passed in 2020)
- Requiring firearm applications to be sent to the police department where the purchaser lives
- A ban on high capacity magazines
- A ban on military-style assault weapons
- The Red Flag Bill (passed in 2018)
Sen. Goodwin can be counted on to advocate for traditional Democratic values, including affordable and accessible healthcare, fair and equitable pay and worker’s rights, improving our schools, protecting our environment, and protecting seniors.